Spinach Frittata with Black Beans and Avocado
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1 cup pico de gallo, liquid drained (Choose the least processed brand for the most nurtritional value. We like Garden Highway's Pico de Gallo.)
- 3 cups spinach
- 3 egg whites (Cut prep time by using liquid egg whites.)
- 1/4 avocado
- (maintenance may add 1/4 cup non-fat/light cheese)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a small cast iron skillet (or an oven safe/non-stick pan) over a medium heat. Add 1/2 cup of your pico de gallo and fold in spinach until wilted. About a minute.
- Stir in black beans. Cook for about 3 minutes, or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Evenly pour egg whites over top and tap pan gently to distribute. Do not stir.
- Add pan to oven and bake for 15 minutes. Garnish with sliced avocado and extra pico de gallo.
Per serving nutrition facts
Sat. Fat: 1.1 g
Fiber: 14.1 g
Protein: 23.2 g