Asparagus, White Bean, and Brussels Sprout Frittata Recipe
- 1 cup shredded Brussels sprouts
- 1 cup thin sliced asparagus
- 1/4 cup canned white beans, drained
- 3 egg whites (Speed up the recipe by using liquid egg whites)
- fat free cooking spray (1 second spray)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of grated Parmesan cheese (maintenance phase only)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a medium-sized cast iron skillet (or an oven-safe non-stick pan) with cooking spray and heat over medium high heat.
- Saute garlic for about a minute.
- Stir in your Brussels sprouts and asparagus. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Stir fry until soft about 3 minutes. Turn off heat.
- Toss in white beans and spread mixture in an even layer in the bottom of the pan.
- Pour egg whites over top, and gently tap the pan to evenly distribute. (If you're using parmesean, sprinkle over the top now.)
- Bake in oven for 12 minutes or until egg sets.
!Per serving nutrition factsCalories: 350 (372 with cheese)
Sat. Fat: 0 (1 g with cheese)
Fiber: 19.3 g
Protein: 26.6 g (28.5 g with cheese)