These peanut butter energy balls need only five ingredients and are so simple to make. They are extremely versatile too! Enjoy them for breakfast or pack a serving on the way to the gym for a post-workout snack.
- 9 scoops LiveLightMD Vanilla protein powder (or mix and match flavors!)
- 6 level tablespoons PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- A bowl of water (at room temperature)
- Your favorite dusting powder: e.g. 1 tablespoon of a low-sugar cocoa mix, PB2 powder or any LiveLightMD protein powder.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together protein powder and PB2 powdered peanut butter. (If using different flavors, separate each flavor in its own mixing bowl and use 2 tablespoons PB2 for every 3 scoops of protein powder.)
- Add vanilla extract.
- Gradually add water, a tablespoon at a time, stirring until mixture resembles cookie dough. You will need approximately 3-4 tablespoons of water for every 3 scoops of protein powder used.
- Once you achieve the cookie dough texture, do not add any more water or your energy ball won’t set well.
- Divide dough into 9 equal parts, making sure each portion is not touching another, and refrigerate about 30 minutes to harden slightly.
- Remove dough from the fridge and using your palms, roll each divided portion into an approximately 1.5 inch-ball.
- Spread your choice of dusting powder on a plate and gently roll each ball in the powder with your fingers till evenly coated.
- Refrigerate another 30 minutes to 1 hour before enjoying.
- Make a larger batch to share with friends!
- Refrigerate in a covered container and use within 3-4 days for best results.
Ready in about 2 hours.
This recipe yields 9 energy balls.
We suggest a serving size of 1-2 balls.
Per energy ball nutritional facts
Total Fat: 1.9g (Saturated Fat: 0g)