This versatile, high protein salmon dish can be served with different types of vegetables to liven up the palate. Tangy sriracha barbecue dressing offers delicious taste and a just-right amount of heat that is well-balanced by lightly seasoned steamed vegetables. Make some ahead of time for meals to look forward to throughout the week.
- Approx. 1lb (1 package) Trader Joe’s Seafood Shop Fresh Salmon fillets, boneless and skinless
- 2 tablespoons Trader Joe’s Organic Sriracha and Roasted Garlic BBQ Sauce
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grapeseed oil
- 3 cups steamed broccoli, cauliflower and bell pepper (or other vegetables)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cilantro for garnish
- Optional: 1 cup of low calorie vegetable or chicken broth
- Wash and thoroughly dry salmon fillets between layers of paper towels.
- Place salmon fillets in a large ziplock bag and add sriracha barbecue sauce and soy sauce. Seal bag completely and rub contents gently until salmon is well coated with sauces.
- Allow salmon fillets to marinate for about 1 hour. Prepare and steam vegetables while you wait.
- Heat grapeseed oil in a medium sized nonstick frying pan on medium heat, swirling oil around to evenly coat pan.
- Reserving the marinade, carefully add salmon fillets to hot oil in pan. Allow to cook on one side for about 2 minutes then turn fillets over to cook other side, also for 2 minutes.
- Pour left over marinade over the fillets (add a tablespoon of water if preferred), cover and allow to cook for 5 minutes.
- To serve, divide into 4oz portions (about four pieces in total).
- Season salmon fillet well with salt and pepper, and serve with three or more servings of steamed vegetables. If you prefer, pair your meal with a cup of your favorite low calorie vegetable or chicken broth.
- Refrigerate leftover salmon in a covered container for up to 3 days. To reheat leftover portions, microwave in a covered plate for 2 minutes.
Per serving nutrition facts
Calories: 300 (about 310 with 1 cup low calorie chicken broth)
Saturated Fat: 2.5g
Protein: 27g (about 29g with 1 cup low calorie chicken broth)
Note: Salmon cooked as described is about 225 calories with 2.5g saturated fat and 22g of protein.