Tangy and sweet with a spicy kick, this Caribbean jerk fish stew packs a lot of flavor into a little bowl. Healthy acorn squash and chunky white fish give this soup a satisfying toothsomeness. Make a big batch and save some for later!
- 8 ounces haddock (or dense white fish) cubed
- 1 1/2 pounds acorn squash, cubed
- 6 garlic cloves, halved
- juice of 1 large lime
- 1 15 ounce can chopped tomatoes
- 3 cups fish or chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons McCormick Jerk Seasoning (more to taste)
- To a stock pot, add canned tomatoes, stock, garlic, acorn squash and half of the jerk seasoning. Bring to boil and cook for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, toss cubed fish with lime juice. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and the other half of jerk seasoning.
- Add fish and lime juice to your pot. Cover and reduce to a simmer for 10 - 15 minutes, until squash is tender. Salt and pepper to taste.
Sat. Fat: .2 g
Fiber: 8.8 g
Protein: 35.5 g