Miso gives this simple baked salmon that umami flare. The fiber- and vitamin-rich broccoli slaw adds a delectable crunch. And the Omega 3 fatty acids mean this one-dish meal is great for more than just your waistline!
- 1 3-ounce filet of salmon
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- 2 tablespoons of mirin (substitute dry sherry with a drop of honey)
- 1/2 tablespoon grated or chopped ginger
- 3 cups broccoli slaw
- 3 second blast of non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Rinse and pat dry fish. Score the top.
- Wisk together miso, mirin, ginger and soy sauce.
- In a glass baking dish coated with cooking spray, layer in broccoli slaw. Sprinkle with three tablespoons of water, salt and pepper. Top with fish.
- Brush top of fish with sauce, letting extra dribble into vegetable.
- Bake until fish flakes and remains slightly translucent, 10 - 12 minutes.
Per serving nutritional facts
Sat. Fat: 2.8 g
Fiber: 7.2 g
Protein: 26.3 g