This melt-in-your-mouth baked eggplant will make your whole kitchen smell like Italy. You’d never guess it’s such a simple one-dish meal! Whip it up for a healthy dinner, and save a portion for tomorrow’s lunch!
- 2 medium eggplants peeled and diced
- 7 ounces canned tuna packed in water (2 cans)
- 15 ounce can of Italian-style crushed tomatoes with garlic and onion, drained
- 4 cups spinach
- 4 teaspoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, shredded (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In an oven-safe pan with a lid, first mix tuna, tomato, oregano and spinach. Fold in eggplant.
- Cover with lid (or tinfoil).
- Bake until eggplant is tender, about 45 minutes.
- Set oven to broil. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over top and broil uncovered 5 minutes.
Per serving nutrition facts
Sat. Fat: 1.8 g
Fiber: 18.7 g
Protein: 37.3 g