A tasty soy sauce-teriyaki base complements scrambled egg whites, pre-cooked tofu, edamame, and farm-fresh fall vegetables. This high protein, soy-rich meal is sumptuous on its own during the weight loss phase or paired with a serving of quinoa during the maintenance phase. Makes two servings, one for now and one for tomorrow!
- 2 cups cauliflower florets, cut very small
- 1 cup mini heirloom carrots (or baby carrots), washed
- 2 tablespoons Trader Joe San Soyaki sauce + 1 tablespoon water
- 1 second olive oil cooking spray
- ¾ cup liquid egg whites (or egg whites from 4 eggs, yolks discarded)
- 12oz pre-cooked firm tofu cubes
- ½ cup pre-shelled edamame
- Cilantro and red pepper flakes for garnish
- Toss cauliflower and carrots well with diluted soyaki sauce.
- Place in a large, microwave-safe bowl, cover well with a vented lid and microwave for 1 minute.
- While vegetables cook, spray a frying pan with olive oil cooking spray for 1 second and heat on medium flame.
- Pour egg whites into pan and reduce flame to low, allowing egg whites to cook undisturbed for about 2 minutes.
- Remove soyaki vegetables from microwave, uncover carefully, add tofu and edamame, mix well and microwave for another 1 minute.
- Scramble egg whites on stove till well done and turn off heat.
- Remove tofu mixture from microwave, top with scrambled egg white and garnish with cilantro and red pepper flakes just before serving.
Ready in 5 minutes!
Saturated Fat: 2.5g