Protein Powder Pancake Recipe
- 1 second blast of olive oil cooking spray
- 3 scoops LiveLightMD any flavor protein shake powder (we love Vanilla!)
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon (or a pinch) Xanthan gum (available from most baking supply aisles)
- 1/3 cup liquid egg whites
- 1/3 cup almond milk (use sweetened for Coffee shake powder)
- Heat griddle on the stove on medium heat. For best results, first spray griddle with a one second blast of olive cooking spray and blot out the oil evenly with a folded paper towel before heating.
- While griddle heats, add Vanilla shake powder, baking powder and xanthan gum to a mixing bowl. Shake packages well before adding egg whites and almond milk.
- Whisk ingredients vigorously, for about 20-30 seconds, until batter achieves consistency that’s very similar to regular pancake batter.
- For 4-inch pancakes, spoon about 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake onto griddle. Using the back of a dinner spoon, gently smooth out batter circles until they are all evenly sized.
- Allow to cook for about 3 minutes on one side. Once batter looks thickened and starts to bubble evenly on the surface of each pancake, very carefully flip pancakes over.
- Allow to cook on other side for about 3 minutes. Lower heat if necessary so that pancakes do not burn.
- Using a fork or toothpick, test middle of pancake. If still too soft, allow to cook one or two more minutes with heat turned low.
- Turn off heat and enjoy warm!
Yields four 4-inch pancakes or six to eight smaller pancakes in about 15 minutes.
Total Fat: 6.5g (Saturated Fat: 0g)
Fiber: 7g (Vanilla), 9g (Chocolate) or 8g (Coffee)