This very quick turkey salad recipe has three protein sources—turkey, lentils and kidney beans. Combined with asparagus and radish, it offers very satisfying flavor and texture. It tastes so good that we think salad dressing is unnecessary. You’ll love that this salad yields two servings in less than 5 minutes!
- ½ cup Trader Joe's Steamed Lentils (Ready to Eat)
- ½ cup kidney beans, drained then rinsed
- 12-15 asparagus spears, trimmed and sliced thin
- 8oz ground turkey precooked with onions
- 2-3 (about 1/3 package) Trader Joe’s Trimmed Radishes
- Optional: Garnish with ½ cup of chopped salad greens, for example arugula or baby kale.
- Place lentils, kidney beans and asparagus spears in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 1.5 minutes. If turkey is cold, add it to the bowl if you prefer a warmer salad, increasing microwave time to 2.5 minutes.
- Slice radishes thinly while you wait for legumes to cook.
- Remove bowl carefully from microwave. Top with ground turkey and radishes. Mix well and enjoy immediately.
- Optional: garnish salad with salad greens and/ or season with salt and pepper if you prefer. You may add lemon juice or a tablespoon of a 30-40 calorie dressing if the salad is too dry for your taste.
Less than 5 minutes!
Per serving nutrition facts (without salad greens and salad dressing)
Saturated Fat: 2.5g