Salty and sour-sweet tastes dominate in this delicious salad made with fresh carrot, tender asparagus, juicy jicama and nourishing power greens. Pre-cooked tofu in an anchovy-barbecue sauce base provides oomph-filled protein and unique flavor.
- 7-8 spears of asparagus, trimmed
- 4 pieces (about 1/3 can) Trader Joe’s Anchovy Fillets in Olive Oil, well drained
- 1 tablespoon Trader Joe’s Organic Sriracha and Roasted Garlic BBQ Sauce
- 1 medium carrot, sliced thin or spiralized into noodles
- 6oz tofu cubes, pre-cooked
- 3-4 basil leaves, torn into smaller pieces
- 1 cup Trader Joe's Organic Power to the Greens salad mix
- 7 or 8 Trader Joe’s Jicama Sticks, sliced lengthwise
- Place asparagus in a microwave-safe container and microwave for 3-4 minutes, to desired tenderness.
- While asparagus cooks, grab a large bowl and mix together anchovy fillets, sriracha barbecue sauce, carrots, tofu and basil till well incorporated.
- Place power greens salad mix on a salad plate, and add cooked asparagus and carrot-tofu mixture in anchovy barbecue sauce.
- Toss lightly to mix, garnish with jicama sticks and enjoy!
Saturated Fat: 1.5g
Although the recommended serving for the anchovies is ½ can of drained fillets, we recommend limiting this recipe to 4 fillets (or about 1/3 can) due to the high sodium content.