It’s easy being green with one of our favorite healthy lunch ideas. (We eat it for dinner, too.) Fresh spinach gives this stew a verdant and tasty punch.
- 1 boneless, skinless cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 3/4 cup salsa verde
- 1 cup canned black beans
- 1/4 cup cilantro, plus extra to garnish
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup avocado, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- In a small pot, mix the shredded chicken breast, salsa verde and cilantro. Bring them to a simmer and add your seasonings.
- While the mixture simmers (about 3 minutes), warm your black beans in the microwave.
- Remove chicken breast mixture from heat, and stir in chopped spinach until it's just wilted. Serve spinach and chicken stew atop black beans and garnish with the sliced avocado.
Ready in 5 minutes!
Per serving nutrition facts
Sat. fat: 1.7 g
Fiber: 13.8 g
Protein: 37.6 g