Fluffy scrambled egg white and steamed lentils offer a high-fiber salad you might find yourself reaching for time and again.
- 2 sprays of olive oil cooking spray, each spray used separately
- ½ cup liquid egg whites
- ½ cup Trader Joe’s Steamed Lentils
- 2 cups pre-washed baby kale
- ½ medium green bell pepper, diced small
- 1 teaspoon garlic puree
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate seeds
- Spray a medium sized pan once with the olive oil cooking spray and place pan on medium heat.
- While pan heats, beat eggs. Pour beaten egg whites into pan.
- While egg whites cook, place lentils in a medium-sized, microwave-safe salad bowl and microwave for 2 minutes.
- While lentils cook, scramble egg whites till cooked and remove from pan.
- Remove lentils from microwave and gently stir in baby kale, green bell pepper, garlic puree and scrambled egg whites until the baby kale leaves wilt and ingredients are well incorporated.
- Spray a short burst of olive oil cooking spray once over salad, then toss in grape tomatoes and pomegranate seeds and mix lightly.
- Serve immediately.
Ready in 5 minutes!
Saturated Fat: 0g