A quick, high protein salmon and egg snack recipe that’s pretty enough for entertaining too! Pre-boiled and peeled eggs make this a very quick effort. Simply pluck out the yolks and use the egg whites as “boats”!
- 3oz (about ½ can) Trader Joe’s Wild Alaskan Pink Salmon, drained
- ¼ cup ready-to-eat edamame
- 1 tablespoon sriracha (substitute with soy sauce if sensitive to heat)
- About 2-3 mint leaves, chopped
- 6 Trader Joe’s Cage Free Fresh Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs, washed, halved and yolks removed
- Pepper to taste
- Mix together salmon, edamame, sriracha sauce and chopped mint, mashing the salmon and edamame as you go.
- Place egg white boats on a flat surface and remove extra moisture by pressing on them gently with a few sheets of paper towels.
- Spoon salmon mixture into the cavity of each egg white boat.
- Season with pepper to taste. Add another drop of sriracha (or soy sauce) to enhance flavor if needed. Serve immediately or refrigerate in a covered container for up to 6 hours before serving.
Ready in 5 minutes!
Per serving (4 egg boats) nutrition facts
Saturated Fat: 0.2g