We are rather adventurous at the LiveLight kitchen! This surprisingly tasty roast turkey salad combines juicy cucumber, sweet yellow carrot, fresh power greens and earthy baby beets. The sweetness of the carrot perfectly neutralizes the tangy peanut dressing for a very filling high-fiber treat.
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow medium-sized carrot, sliced or spiral sliced for effect (Yellow adds a pretty color to the salad but go with the staple orange carrot, if you prefer. Ours was chosen from a bag of Trader Joe’s and the Organic Carrot of Many Colors.)
- 2 cups Trader Joe’s Organic Power to the Greens salad mix (baby kale, spinach and chard)
- ½ red bell pepper, sliced
- 4oz leftover fully-cooked, oven roasted turkey breast, heated and cut into strips
- 2 pieces of Trader Joe’s Steamed and Peeled Baby Beets, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Trader Joe’s Satay Peanut Sauce
- Place cucumber at the bottom of a large salad bowl.
- Top with sliced carrot, power greens and red bell pepper.
- Lay roast turkey breast strips on vegetables and sprinkle sliced beets on top.
- Mix in satay peanut sauce dressing and wait about 1 minute for flavors to mingle before consuming.
Ready in 5 minutes!
Saturated Fat: 0g