We think this might be one of your favorite go-to soup recipes for the colder months, or a delicious comfort soup for warmer ones. Garden vegetables like carrots, tomatoes and zucchini lend a pleasant sweetness to ground turkey pre-cooked with onions. Treat yourself today!
- 1 large carrot, sliced or 1 cup baby carrots
- 2.5 cups low calorie chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 cup zucchini or yellow squash, diced
- 4oz leftover turkey, or ground turkey pre-cooked with onions
- Salt, pepper and juice from a lime wedge to taste
- Place carrots in a large, microwave-safe soup bowl
- Add chicken or vegetable broth, cherry tomatoes and zucchini or squash
- Microwave for 2.5 minutes on high.
- Remove carefully from the microwave (contents and bowl will be hot!)
- Add ground turkey and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Microwave another 1.5 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Less than 5 minutes!
Saturated Fat: 2.5g