Egg white scrambled to perfection with bell pepper and onion, on a lavish bed of red spinach and warm kidney beans for antioxidant power and added volume. Hot mustard dressing lends this colorful dish both heat and sweetness.
- 1 second spray of olive oil cooking spray
- ¼ red onion, sliced
- ½ yellow or orange bell pepper, chopped
- ½ green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup 100% liquid egg whites
- A pinch of salt and a dash of pepper
- 1 + 2 cups Trader Joe’s Heirloom Red Spinach (if unavailable, substitute with green spinach)
- ½ cup kidney beans, washed and well drained
- 1 teaspoon Trader Joe’s Hot and Sweet Mustard
- Spray a shallow frying pan with cooking spray and heat on medium heat.
- Lay chopped onion and bell peppers in a single layer in pan and toast for about 30 seconds.
- Add liquid egg whites and season with salt and pepper. Cook without disturbing for about 1 - 2 minutes. Use this waiting time to warm kidney beans in microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Add 1 cup red spinach then scramble eggs to preferred done-ness for 1 more minute. Turn off heat.
- Place rest of red spinach and the warmed kidney beans on salad plate and top with scrambled egg white and bell pepper mixture. Add dressing and mix before serving.
Ready in 5 minutes!
Saturated Fat: 0g