Egg white omelet on lentils is one of the ultimate comfort foods. Enjoy a whole new spin with this high-protein egg white omelet served on a bed of lentils “spiced” with barbecue-red pepper sauce. Lentils are steamed with broccoli and red pepper for delicious flavor and a healthy amount of fiber.
- 1 second olive oil cooking spray
- ¾ cup liquid egg whites
- 1 tablespoon red onion, chopped
- ½ cup Trader Joe's Steamed Lentils (Ready to Eat)
- 1 cup broccoli florets, chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Trader Joe’s Organic Sriracha and Roasted Garlic BBQ Sauce + 1 tablespoon Trader Joe's Red Pepper Spread w Eggplant Garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spray olive oil cooking spray for 1 second on a medium sized frying pan and heat pan on medium flame.
- Shake liquid egg whites package well, measure out ¾ cups and pour into pan.
- Sprinkle red onion and allow egg white omelet to cook, about 2 minutes.
- While egg white omelet cooks, mix all other ingredients together in a microwave safe bowl. Cover and microwave for about 1.5 minutes.
- With a spatula, carefully flip egg white omelet over to cook on other side, about 1 minute.
- Remove heated lentils and vegetable mixture from the microwave. Fold egg white omelet carefully with spatula and lay over top of lentils and vegetables. Sprinkle some pepper or add some mint for extra flavor.
- Enjoy immediately.
Saturated Fat: 0g