In this 5-minute, high protein egg white omelet recipe, juicy, sweet mini heirloom tomatoes and fresh, zesty cilantro compete for tasty attention. A side of black beans with lime zest ketchup provides high fiber and helps you feel fuller.
- 1 second olive oil cooking spray
- ¾ cup liquid egg whites
- 1 cup mini heirloom tomatoes (about 9-10 tomatoes)
- ½ cup cilantro leaves (substitute with mint if unavailable)
- 1 tablespoon red onion, chopped
- ½ cup canned black beans, washed and drained
- 1 tablespoon ketchup + 1 teaspoon lime zest
- Salt to taste
- Spray olive oil cooking spray for 1 second on a medium sized frying pan and heat pan on medium flame.
- Shake liquid egg whites package well, measure out ¾ cups and pour into pan.
- While egg whites cook, slice heirloom tomatoes to desired size and add to cooking egg white.
- Top with cilantro and red onion. Sprinkle salt to taste.
- Cook for 1 more minute, then carefully flip omelet over to cook other side. While omelet cooks, heat black beans in microwave for 30 seconds. Mix ketchup with lime zest while you wait.
- Enjoy your omelet and black beans immediately.
Saturated Fat: 0g