Chocolate Protein Cake In A Mug
- 1 second olive oil cooking spray
- 3 scoops LiveLightMD Chocolate shake powder
- ¼ cup 100% liquid egg whites, shaken well before measuring
- 1 teaspoon sweetened applesauce
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 scoop LiveLightMD Vanilla shake powder (frosting)
- 1 tablespoon sweetened almond milk (frosting)
- 1-2 teaspoons orange zest (frosting)
- Grease a large, wide, microwave-safe mug, about 20oz in size, with a 1 second blast of olive oil cooking spray. Wider mugs will allow cake to cook more evenly when microwaved. In the absence of a wide mug, use a medium-sized bowl.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all other cake ingredients, scraping sides of mixing bowl well.
- Transfer mixture with a spatula to your greased mug.
- Smooth out top of mixture, then microwave for 1 minute. Test with a toothpick. Texture should be soft but toothpick should come out clean. Microwave another 15 seconds if cake is too soft.
- Serve in mug/ bowl or carefully lift cake out of mug to serve on a plate. In the maintenance phase, add a serving of your favorite fruit on the side.
- For frosting: briskly stir vanilla powder with almond milk in a small bowl till well incorporated and allow cake to cool slightly before topping with frosting and orange zest. Enjoy!
Cake is ready in 5 minutes!
Calories: 250 (280 with frosting)
Total Fat: 6g (Saturated Fat: 0g)
Protein: 19g (21g with frosting)