Carrot Cake in a Mug
- Olive oil cooking spray
- ¾ cup grated carrot (from 1 medium carrot), squeezed to remove as much juice as possible
- Powdered spice mix: 1/8 spoon each of ground nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon and clove
- 1 raw egg white
- 3 scoops LiveLightMD Vanilla shake powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sweetened applesauce
- Grease a microwave-safe mug, about 20oz in size, with a 1 second blast of olive oil cooking spray. Wider mugs will allow cake to cook more evenly when microwaved.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine all other cake ingredients, until a thick batter forms. Scrape sides of bowl to mix well.
- Transfer mixture to greased mug.
- Smooth out top of mixture, then microwave for 1 minute. Remove to test, taking care not to burn yourself.
- Cake will most likely still be very soft. Return to microwave for another 20 – 30 seconds.
- Texture of cake should now be soft but toothpick should come out clean.
- Allow cake to cool slightly before serving.
Ready in 5 minutes!
Total Fat: 4g (Saturated Fat: 0g)