We were thinking of delicious ways to tap into eggplant power when the idea hit us! Sweet, fresh and crunchy bell pepper strips with tomato ketchup-flavored chewy, eggplant and shiitake mushroom dip! Why not? And it only takes 5 minutes from start to finish!
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms
- 1 handful of green beans (about 1 cup of green beans in bite size pieces)
- ½ cup Trader Joe's Grecian Style Eggplant with Tomatoes and Onions
- 2 small sprigs cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 1 large bell pepper
- Place shiitake mushrooms and green beans in a colander. Wash and drain well.
- Trim mushroom stems and slice mushrooms.
- Slice green beans into bite-size pieces.
- Place mushrooms, green beans, and eggplant with tomatoes and onions in a microwave-safe bowl, and stir in ketchup. Cover and microwave for 3 minutes.
- While waiting, chop cilantro leaves, and wash, pat dry and slice bell pepper into wedges.
- Remove eggplant mushroom dip from microwave, add chopped cilantro and stir briskly to mix.
- Enjoy with bell pepper wedges.
Less than 5 minutes!
Saturated Fat: 1g